First International Conference on Business, Economics and Information Technology @ Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Campus Dadu
Education & Literacy Department Government of Sindh
Theme- Entrepreneur Business, Challenges Opportunity in Pakistan
15-17 - February, 2013
Call for Papers
Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Campus dadu:
The University of Sindh, the oldest university of the country was established at Karachi under Sindh University Act 1947, published in the Sindh Government gazette in April 1947. Realizing the dire need to provide access to higher education to people living in far flung areas with mediocre infrastructural facilities, such as in Dadu region, the University established a campus at Dadu as a constituent college.
The rationale behind this establishment is to provide the inhabitants particularly girls of Dadu region with the higher education at doorstep, consistent with the education benchmarks prevailing in the competitive higher education industry in the global arena. ege of the University in 2011.
About the University
The University of Sindh, the oldest University of the country, was constituted under the University of Sindh Act. No. XVII of 1947 passed by the then Legislative Assembly of Sindh. The Act was subsequently revised and modified in 1961 and later. The Act of 1972 under the University is presently functioning provided for greater autonomy and representation of teachers.
From 1947 to 1951 the University functioned solely as an examining body. However, after its relocation in Hyderabad in 1951, it started functioning as a teaching university in pursuit of fulfillment of its charter and mission to disseminate knowledge. The first teaching department, namely, Department of Education, raised to the status of Faculty later, was started in view of the great dearth of trained teachers in the country. The departments of basic Science disciplines as well as other departments on humanities side were gradually added by mid fifties.
The development of the present campus, designated as Allama I. I. Kazi Campus at Jamshoro, (now the district), about 18 kilometer from Hyderabad on the right bank of River Indus, was started in late fifties. Most of the teaching departments under the Faculty of Science were shifted to the new campus in 1961, with departments under Faculty of Arts and Humanities following suite in 1970.
The academic march forward continued with gradual addition of other teaching departments and now there are 52 full-fledged teaching institutes / centers / departments functioning under various academic Faculties. Degree programs in some of the disciplines, e.g., Biotechnology & Genetic Engineering, Environmental Science, Law (5-years degree LLM), Anthropology & Archaeology and Forestry have been added since 2001. Sindh University Laar College @ Badin started functioning in 2008, Mirpurkhas campus of the University has been launched from January 2010.
There are presently 5 Law Colleges and 61 Degree & Post Graduate Public Sector Colleges and 12 Private Colleges affiliated to the University. The University teaching institutes/centers and departments, offer programs leading to the award of 3-year Bachelor’s (Honors) degree in various general and basic disciplines on Humanities side, while 4-years Bachelor degree is offered under the Faculties of Natural Sciences, Social Sciences and Commerce & Business Administration and in the Department of Art & Design, English & Sindhi. Degree in Pharmacy (Pharm-D) and Bachelor of Law degree are of 5-years duration.
THEME-MAJOR FIELD OF RESEARCH
Contributions from various areas of management practitioner’s experts and academia are welcome; also scholars in other disciplines offering new perspectives on the conference theme are encouraged to participate. The conference will focus on the following topics:
- Business Administration, Organization, and Marketing
- Creativity, Innovation, and Technology
- Knowledge Management, Human Resources
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- E-business and Information Technology
- Social Issues in Management
- Sustainable Development
- Ethics in Business, Government and NGOs
- Ethical Issues in Particular Sectors (e.g. Health, Agriculture, Environment)
- Management in Multicultural Society
- Development Priorities in the Mediterranean Region
- Economic, Financial and Legal Issues is Management
- Tool used in Research Methods
- Conceptual and Theoretical Aspects of Management,
- Management in Emerging Economies,
- Management Environment and Support,
- Management Decision Making
- Socio-behavioral, Cognitive, and Cultural Analysis of Management
- Managing Organization
- ICT (Internet Communication Technology)
- FDI (Foreign Direct Investment)
- AI (Artificial Intelligence)
- Any other related areas pertaining to any issue which is related to management aspects such as finance, accounting, human resource, legal, economics, information technology perspectives.
Abstract Submission 20th Oct,2012
Notification of Acceptance On Oct, 25, 2012
Final Paper Submission Before November, 5, 2012
Authors' Registration Before November,10th , 2012
Conference Dates February-15-17, 2013
Click here to download registration form..
Registration Fee: (All fees listed are PKR) Includes reception, Conference bag, lunches, Tea/Coffee/cookies, organized sightseeing and proceedings.
Please check appropriate registration fee: Local before/on Oct after Nov- 5th,2012,
Regular participants PKR-3000
Foreign Participants US$200
Total enclosed: PKR. ________
Please list any ADA Special Needs:
Format For Paper Submissions
- Please, submit your full papers in MS WORD format
- Length limit: approximately 4000 words for text or 15 pages, excluding abstract, diagrams tables and references
- The first page should contain in the following order:
- Institutional affiliation(s)
- The beginning of the paper with the instruction
- The final section will be the references in APA style
Please use the address: to submit your full paper!
Please see Sample Paper format.
For other types of reference types please see APA referencing format.
Please note that the forms above are set for "A4" size. If you are using any other size as your default option, please make necessary changes before printing them.
Accommodation will be provided to all presenters.. However, presenters and participant may contact the following address and phone number for personal arrangement.
For paper Submission
Dr.Anwar Ali Shah G.Syed (Conference Organizer)
Pro-Vice Chancellor-Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Campus dadu,
University of Sindh, Jamshoro.
Cell number: 0300-9376734 or 0313-3113244
PA to PVC-Dadu