Progress Report of Reform Initiatives Put into Effect By Prof. Dr. Parveen Shah, Acting Vice-Chancellor University of Sindh, Jamshoro from May 01 to May 31, 2012.
- Meeting with Honorable Syed Qaim Ali Shah, Chief Minister Sindh at Chief Minister’s House, Karachi to seek his help towards resolution of University problems including that of grant of land for 3rd Phase Housing Scheme for teachers and employees – May 22, 2012.
- Meeting with Mr. Nisar Ahmed Khuhro, Speaker Sindh Assembly with specific focus on speeding up release of funds and ironing out technical obstructions and expediting the pace of construction work to ensure earliest possible completion of Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Chair and Convention Centre – May 22, 2012.
- Meeting with Syed Karim Pormani, Director, Cultural Centre, Islamic Republic of Iran,Hyderabad, and the consequent decision to develop Academic Linkage Program withUniversityofTehranand decision to set up Persian Chair and Cultural Centre atUniversityofSindh-May 17, 2012.
- Completion of ground work to organize International Conference on “Vision and Contribution of Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto as a world Democratic Leader” in early July 2012.
- Selection Board Meeting which resolved long pending promotion cases -
May 13, 2012.
- Online Selection Board forSindhUniversityteachers abroad via video conferencing to spare them physical, financial and academic inconvenience -May 12, 2012.
- Submission of request to Honorable Governor Sindh/Chancellor Universities in Sindh for grant of permission to hold special meeting of Selection Board for appointment of meritorious professors in grade-22.
- Submission of requests to reverend Chief Justice High Court of Sindh for acceleration of process of the sad murder of Prof. Bashir Ahmed Channar.
- Sindh University Teachers Association (SUTA) called off strike and placed full faith in the person of Acting Vice-Chancellor to steer the University out of crisis – May 10, 12.
- Sindh University Employees Welfare Association (SEWA) called of strike and reposed trust in Acting Vice-Chancellor’s person -May 10, 2012.
- Frequent Meetings with Sindh University Teachers Association (SUTA) and Sindh University Employees Welfare Association (SEWA) office-bearers.
- Successful timely conduct of elections of Sindh University Employees Welfare Association (SEWA) in which 2400 (Twenty Four Hundred) employees exercise their democratic ballot right.
- Consistent correspondence and vis-à-vis request to Honorable Chief Minister Sindh, Esteemed Dr. Noshad A. Shaikh, Principal Secretary to Honorable Governor Sindh/Chancellor, Universities in Sindh and the other relevant officials to expedite grant of land for its onward lease under 3rd Phase Housing Scheme for Sindh University faculty and employees.
- Special inspection visit to assess progress of construction work of Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Chair and Convention Centre.
- Purchase of metal detectors and other ultra-modern electronic devices for more efficient security measures.
- Meeting to Review Law and Order situation at the Campus with DIG and other high profile officials -May 02, 2012.
- Construction of “Shelter Rooms” at specified strategic points to facilitate security staff deployed therein.
- Convening of Special Meeting to review progress of construction work and utilization of funds for Sindh University Campus Dadu – May 28, 2012.
- Certificate Award Ceremony for youth completing six 6-month Skill Development Course in Library Science under Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Youth Development Program in collaboration with Ministry of Culture, Government of Sindh
-May 18, 2012.
- Decision to employ 25-30 youth of this course atUniversity ofSindh.
- Immediate implementation of 100% rise in Ph.D allowance.
- Commencement of preliminary work on setting-up of Campus Radio Station atUniversityofSindh, Jamshoro.
- Co-hosting of Provincial (SindhProvince) Launch Ceremony of “Social Audit of Local Governance and Delivery of Public Services 2011-12, upon completion of 3-month UNDP-sponsored research in collaboration with 08 (eight) other Universities inPakistan. The event was organized at Hotel Pearl Continental,Karachiwith Honorable Nisar Ahmed Khuhro, Speaker Sindh Assembly in the Chair -May 22, 2012.
- Visit of Sindh University Transport Section and subsequent meeting with over one hundred employees to ascertain their issues and problems and to motivate them to serve the University in a still better spirit -May 15, 2012.
- Inauguration of newly-constructed hall at the transport workshop to facilitate the University drivers and technical staffers -May 15, 2012.
- Organization of Blood Donation Camp by Bureau of STAGS, University of Sindh in collaboration with the Fatmid Foundation – May 07, 2012.
- The Cheque Handover Ceremony with reference to USAID grant of Rs.1.53 million as a fist tranche for construction of Department of Teacher Education at Faculty of Education, University of Sindh at Hyderabad – May 14, 2012.
- Seminar on the theme of “Pakistan’s Foreign Policy & Its Dilemma” with Madam Mehtab Akbar Rashdi as a Guest Speaker -May 28, 2012.
- Seminar on “External Influence on Public Policy” with Prof. Parveen Agha, Former Federal Secretary, Ministry of Women Development as keynote Speaker -May 15, 2012.
- Seminar “The Dynamics of Diplomacy” with Prof. Dr. Tanvir Khalid as a Keynote Speaker – May 7, 2012.
- Inter-department Debate Competition in English, Urdu and Sindhi organized by Bureau of Students Guidance, Co-curricular and Career Counseling -
May 15, 2012.
- StudyToursby various departments/Institutes, Internship Assistance to Students of Faculty of Commerce & Business Administration, Farewell Parties to outgoing Batches of Students at various departments / Institutes and Students’ Week Celebration in the Department of International Relations.
- Timely declaration ofExternalCollegeside examinations.
- Allocation of Rs.2.00 million to Transport Section for repair and renovation of University buses to facilitate students.
- Communication with D.I.G (Traffic) Police Hyderabad to deploy contingent of traffic police at Main Single Entrance and Exit Point for University buses (brought into effect by security measures) to regulate zero-hour tidal wave/bottleneck flow of buses to avert accident prospect in the interest of precious lives of students and staff.
- One-week career counseling workshop for Teachers in collaboration with Ministry of Youth Affairs, Government of Sindh and a non-profit organization “The Capacity Builders atHyderabad”.
- Provision of Generator, Sound System and Rs.10,000/- Award Funds forSyedPanahAliShahModelSchool,UniversityofSindh, Jamshoro.
- 03 (Three) Scientists of the University namely Prof. Dr. M. Iqbal Bhanger, Prof. Dr. Tasneem Gul Kazi, and Dr. Hassan Imran Afreedi were honored with “Research Productivity Award in “A category” by the Prime Minister of Pakistan.
- Inspection visit of Preston Institute of Management Science & Technology of (PIMSAT)Karachias member of the Charter Inspection & Evaluation Committee, Government of Sindh,Karachi-May 03, 2012.
- Visit by Mr. Paolo Giraudi, Chief Executive Officer, ENI Pakistan–
May 09, 2012.
- Meeting to functionalize Sindh University C.N.G station which was non-functional for the past two years and is incurring an expense of Rs. one million per month despite its non-functional status -May 23, 2012.
- Meeting with the entire staff (80-90 employees) of Registrar with a view to explore firsthand their concerns, appraise their performance and to give them direction for improved delivery of public service -May 18, 2012.
- Meeting with the Dean and all Academic Heads of Faculties of Social Sciences, Arts, Education, Commerce & Business Administration, Islamic Studies, Pharmacy and Law with the specific focus of getting to know and resolve on priority basis the problems various departments/Institutes within the Faculty were facing thereof – May 02, 08 & 09, 2012 respectively.
- 5th (fifth) Meeting of the Deans Committee held -May 10, 2012.
- Meetings with contractors/Firm Heads for settlement of their dues and restoration/acceleration of construction projects at several university sites -
May 16, 2012.
- Public Accounts Committee Meeting: Acting Vice-Chancellor’s Personal Appearance -May 24, 2012.
- Meeting with the senior-most university faculty with a view to help them move over to the next higher grade prior to their round-the-corner retirement -
May 18, 2012.
- Personal Hearing to several University Employees whose cases were pending for long -May 18, 2012.
- Cricket Match between Sindh University Teachers Association (SUTA) Teams with a view to offshoot stress situation which otherwise prevailed at the campus in the backdrop of Prof. Channar’s tragic murder and the consequent turmoil that engulfed the University -May 25, 2012.
- Participation in Send-off Reception organized by USAID Pakistan at Serena Hotel Islamabad, given in favor of US Study Tour nominees including those of University of Sindh Jamshoro – May 31, 2012.
- Interest-free loans to Faculty, Officers and Employees for Purchase of Laptops.
- Guest of Honor at Excellence Award Ceremony at Hayat’s Girls College Hyderabad as a woman Vice-Chancellor to inspire girl students to emulate career like hers.
- Cash Award of Rs.10,000/- for each of 18 research papers to 10 research scholars of the University who had authored those papers –May 02, 2012.
- Installation of 60 KV/48 KW Generator atAdministrationBuilding,UniversityofSindh, Jamshoro.
- Concert at Youth Hostel,UniversityofSindh, Jamshoro –May 7, 2012.
- Shifting of Sindh University Press from Old to New Campus to ensure opportune start of construction of USAID-sponsored state-of-the art building for Department of Teacher Education at Faculty of Education,Hyderabad.
- Appointment of a resident professor as Chairman Residential Colony to maximize Chair availability and to ensure that a resident Chair will be better able to understand and resolve relevant matters.
- Appointment of a senior professor as Advisor Planning and Development to straighten out issues related to scholarship award to University Faculty.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.