The Faculty of Natural Sciences is one of the two oldest Faculties, established in 1953, starting with Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics departments with addition of Botany (1954), Zoology and Geography (1955) and followed by Geology in 1956. The Faculty has expanded further over the years and now comprises three Centres, eight Institutes and seven teaching departments with Anthropology & Archeology being the latest addition. It is the largest Faculty of the University, with 60% of the total students enrollment. Most of the departments/ institutes and their faculty have been actively involved with research. "Sindh University Research Journal (Science Series) is a regular publication of the Faculty since 1965 with contributions from the faculty members as well as renowned national scholars.The Faculty also enjoys the distinction of being the first among Public Sector Universities of the country to introduce 4-yr Bachelor degree (B.S) program for all the disciplines; The 4-yr study provides thorough grounding in the major disciplines alongwith broad-based knowledge in relevant fields, e.g., General Maths courses for Biology students or vice versa, besides courses under social science, e.g economics, civilization, etc.